In Iowa to become a security guard or security officers, you must be licensed. There are slightly different pieces of information for being an armed security guard in Iowa, for instance there are certain things that you need to meet before applying for your weapon permit.
Below we have outlined information about becoming an Unarmed Security Guard or Armed Security Guard in Iowa.
Requirements of Iowa Security Guards / Security Officers:
There are a number of requirements which you need to meet:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Can legally in the United States of America
- Have no convictions or history of drug or alcohol use
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Have good moral character
- Have not committed any acts of fraud
- Submit to fingerprinting
- Attend and pass a Iowa state certified training course
Basic Requirements of Armed Security Guards / Security Officers in Iowa:
There are a number of requirements that you need to meet in order to become an armed security guard in Iowa
- You must have all the requirements of an unarmed security officer in Iowa plus the following
- Be at least 21 years old
- Successfully pass a thorough background check
For more information, please call 515-725-6230 or visit the Iowa Department of Public Safety.