In Arkansas, no license is required for unarmed security guards. According to the Arkansas state police department, in order to become a security guard in Arkansas you need to apply for a security position with a security company and they will look after the training and if any, licensing with the state of Arkansas.However, you still need to meet other basic requirements which we have outlined below.
Requirements of Arkansas Security Guards / Security Officers:
- Be at least 18 year old
- Be an United States citizen or registered resident alien
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent qualification
- Have no felony convictions or crime involving illegal use of weapons
- Have not committed any acts of fraud
- Take a drugs test (these may be ongoing)
- Have a good moral character.
In addition to this, you should also:
- Hold a driver’s license
- Have good physical conditioning
- Have strong communication skills
- Have taken basic training for security officers in Arkansas
- Be able to stand for long periods of time